The History of Rosso Gardens
Founder Julius Rosso came to Washington state from Italy as a child, arriving in Ronald, Washington. When he was unable to get a gig in the coal mines, he walked to Seattle to find work. He picked up a job in the flower industry, and later began working for Seattle Flower Growers, eventually becoming the owner of the business. But after selling it, he and his wife, Ada, opened the original location of Rosso Gardens in Georgetown in 1958.
Julius was ahead of his time, flying live flowers across the country for customers (before FTD had even sprouted), making national news for sending WWII servicemen flowers as thanks for their service. An all-in-the-family affair, the business grew from a mostly wholesale business, selling their potted plants and flowers to local grocery stores and box store chains, into one that also included a public-facing retail operation. Now located in Tukwila, the Rosso family continues to make life beautiful for Seattle’s residents. Contact us today!
Contact Us Today